As the saying goes, “April showers bring May flowers” and if there’s any truth, then we are in for a rainy month. But rain doesn't necessarily equal doom and gloom. That’s why I’ve rounded up some fun and colourful patterns to brighten up your April. After all, another month, another 30 days of knitting!
1. Here is a pattern for dishcloths by @Knit on Designs by Deb Buckingham. Knitted in fun and trendy spring colours, these are sure to spruce up your kitchen and bathroom! It’s easy to make and perfect for beginners.
2. This next pattern is for your furry friend. It’s a warm snuggle jumper decorated with an intricate cable knit design and is perfect for intermediate knitters or knitters who want to get into cable knitting. This cable knit dog (or cat) jumper by @Drops Design might be a little warm for your pup right now, but it’s never too early to start knitting for the winter!
HiyaHiya Steel Premium Plus Interchangeable Set is the perfect set for designs like this that require knitting in the round. This set comes with eight different sizes of interchangeable tips and seven different lengths of cables so you can knit for dogs big and small.
3. Perfect for beginner knitters who want to learn new techniques, this Knitting 101 Scarf by @Louise Robert is next on the list for fun patterns. I mean, what’s more fun than the Frankenstein of scarves?
4. October isn’t the only month for pumpkins! This cute knitted pumpkin by @Hannah Maier makes for a great house decor item perched upon the mantle of a fireplace or a windowsill, or can be made into a lovely doorstop by stuffing it with a bag full of sand.
For the crocheted version, the HiyaHiya Aluminium Crochet Hooks are my go-to. They are lightweight and the hook catches on to the yarn with ease, taking some stress off your hands when crocheting.
5. Last, but not least, is this woodlands baby mobile by @Amanda Berry. This adorable knitting and crocheting project features animals like squirrels and hedgehogs and is the perfect accessory to any nursery.